Busy as a Bee

by - Monday, July 09, 2007

Time: 38:27
Distance: 3.5 miles

I have been crazy busy these past few days, hence the serious lack of posting. To quickly update.

Friday I went for a short run. Well it was supposed to be long, but it was very very short (20 mins) because my legs felt like they were going to fall off because Thursday night, I decided to kick my butt at the gym. I biked for an hour (ouch those seats on uncomfortable, must remember to where real bike shorts that don't ride up next time) and then swam laps for another 35 minutes. This was the first time I'd biked in I don't even know how long and the first time I'd swam since about March or April, so needless to say it was a tiring task.

Friday's run was painful and I called it quits 20 minutes in and went home to strength train.

I can't even remember what I did Friday night, but it was something and it was fun.

Saturday morning I woke up early to hit the gym again (because with softball being over I needed something to entertain myself with in the a.m. ) This time I biked for an hour (wearing the appropriate shorts) and then swam for an hour. Boy, were my arms tired by the end of the swim.

I came home, hit the farmers market with friends, then grabbed some breakfast and headed to the mall for a serious day of shopping. (Found the adorable black dress I am now wearing at work at Old Navy for $25! Score!)

Saturday night was a movie night. I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith with a friend who'd never seen it before.

Sunday was a rest day (Alleluia!). I headed into D.C. with friends to check out the Frida Kahlo special exhibit at the National Museum for Women in the Arts, followed by lunch at Fuddruckers.

Then it was back home, where I fell asleep at 7:30 last night and slept through til 6:30 this morning. That's just embarrassing, but I must have been quite worn out from my weekend.

This morning's run was 40 minutes and boy was it hot when I started. 79 degrees at 6:30 in the morning. Needless to say the run was not the most enjoyable. It was hot, my legs were super tired and sore and it was hot. (Are you getting that it was hot?)

I'm probably going to hit the gym after work again for some more biking and swimming. And then it will be back home for leftovers and curling up to watch the Home Run Derby and cheering for the Ryan Howard repeat.

You May Also Like


  1. WOW! You have been busy!! Hope your runs feel better soon!

  2. Nice job this weekend with keeping up with the workouts.